Free Kayak Launch:
A handicap accessible kayak launch is now open at the park for non-motorized vessels! Bring your kayak or canoe and explore our 11 acres of restored wetlands, opening into Paradise Creek. You’ll need to carry your vessel a short distance from the far end of the parking lot. Or join us for a guided paddle in our kayaks!
Join us for a guided tour of Paradise Creek Nature Park’s 11-acre wetland and Paradise Creek in the regions first clear-bottom kayaks and see the river life up close! Learn about the history of the park and river, the wildlife supported by this valuable habitat, and more!
Must be 12 years or older to participate, must be 18 or older without adult.
$40/person, $30 for Elizabeth River Project members
Limited spots available, please call 757-399-7487 for details and reservation. Must register at least 2-days prior to program date to participate.
- Saturday, August 27 (4-6pm) FULL
- Friday, September 2 (11-1pm)*
- Friday, September 16 (10-12pm)*
- Saturday, October 29 (9-11am)
*Bring a bagged lunch for a meal on the water!
Clear bottom kayak fleet made possible by:
- Carroll and Gloria Creecy
- Marjorie and Bob Jackson
- In memory of Frank W. and Esther C. Myers by Dr. Linda Rice
- Steve and Judy Perry
- Lynn Cobb and Warren Richard
- The Family of Wanda Russo